On Tuesday, your Bargaining Committee reached a tentative agreement (TA) with WPI. The ratification vote will begin tomorrow, Friday 8/18 at 5:00pm and end Wednesday 8/30 at 11:59 pm. The ratification vote will be held electronically through ElectionBuddy.
You will need to fill out a membership and dues authorization form in order to participate in the ratification vote. After filling out the membership card and dues authorization, a ballot will be sent to your personal email within a day.
A simple majority of “yes” votes is necessary for the TA to be adopted as the contract; otherwise, the TA will not take effect, and we return to bargaining.
In order for you to make an informed vote, we present to you the following documents:
- Final Tentative Agreement: This includes all the contract language that would be adopted if the contract is ratified. We encourage all members to review the entire agreement.
- Detailed Summary of the TA: This is an overview by each article included in the TA.
- 1 page Summary of the TA: This is a high-level summary of the major wins in the TA.
- Ratification Vote FAQ: This provides answers to commonly asked questions about the TA and ratification process.
The Bargaining Committee endorses this TA and will be holding two town halls to discuss the TA and answer any questions.
- Friday, August 18 from 3:30-5pm on Zoom. RSVP here to get the Zoom link.
- Friday, August 25 from 3:30-5pm in Salisbury 305.
If you have any questions about the ratification vote or the TA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can text or call a member of the Bargaining Committee at (508)-859-0692 between 8am and 7pm.
Your WPI-GWU Bargaining Committee
Sabine Hahn, Andrew McReynolds, Abhinav Gandhi, Jake Scarponi, & Gabriela Rovi